It’s all over the news: The World Health Organization (WHO) now says the coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is a pandemic. COVID-19, the disease the virus causes, has popped up in 38 countries and continues to spread around the world. The virus can be deadly to some populations, so it’s no wonder people are fearful and stressed, because they aren’t sure how to keep themselves and their loved ones healthy.
Coronavirus presents a unique challenge
Since it’s a novel virus, no one has immunity from it. And at this time, there’s no vaccine to protect against it, though researchers say there may be one a year from now.
If employees get sick with COVID-19, business can be disrupted.
As they pass the virus around, the infected employees will need to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days. If they can’t work from home, operations could come to a screeching halt.
As a facility manager, it’s your responsibility to make sure your building is clean and safe. Here are some steps you can take.
- Choose a qualified cleaning provider.
Traditional janitorial crews can’t handle remediation of pandemic infection control. It’s crucial to find an experienced, professional facility care partner that knows and adheres to all OSHA, CDC and IICRC guidelines and standards.
- Demand accurate reporting.
The company you choose must be able to record and report all disinfection work as it’s completed. Tenants and the property owner need documentation proving the facility is thoroughly disinfected.
You’ll need documents and photo evidence of all completed disinfection and infection control tasks for interior surfaces and treated areas to ensure all areas have been treated. Documentation will prove you’re taking necessary steps to maintain a healthy building.
- Communicate proactively to provide peace of mind
A pandemic can cause fear and stress, so it’s important to reassure tenants, management, employees, customers and visitors that you’re working to keep them safe.
- After COVID-19 cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination, be sure to publicize the steps you’ve taken to protect and keep them healthy.
- Post signs in public spaces and pictures of services being performed, along with information and certifications about the cleaning and disinfection.
- Let everyone know what future steps will be taken and provide an upcoming schedule.
Partner with a professional disinfection company for COVID-19 preparedness
UBM uses state-of-the-art solutions to safeguard your facilities from COVID-19. We are IIRC-certified, and our employees are thoroughly trained in using the Clorox® Total 360® Electrostatic Disinfection System, the most powerful weapon against the virus.
Why UBM uses the Clorox Total 360 Electrostatic Disinfection System
It’s an extremely effective system for disinfecting facilities and keeping them safe and healthy.
- Kills coronavirus, cold and flu viruses, MRSA and norovirus in 2 minutes or less.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria in 5 seconds.
- Disinfects in one step.
- Sanitizes hard, nonporous surfaces in 1 minute.
- Sanitizes hard, nonporous food contact surfaces in 2 minutes
- Eliminates odors.
- Inhibits the growth of mold and mildew for up to 7 days.
Our safe, effective disinfection process
- First, we clear hard surfaces of dust, dirt and debris. Not all companies do this, but we do it because disinfectant sprayed on top of dirt will not be effective.
- We take and report an accurate reading of the level of contamination before treatment using an ATP meter.
- We prepare the spray area by securing equipment and removing paper products from the area to be treated.
- Only people wearing the proper protective clothing are allowed in the area.
- Our employee will direct a sprayer nozzle approximately 2 to 4 feet away from surfaces, spraying Clorox Total 360 Disinfectant Cleaner on individual surfaces and objects, producing visible wetness.
- Wiping after treatment is not necessary, but we may wipe glass and mirrors to remove visible residue.
- After treatment is complete, we will take another reading of contamination level, documenting that the disinfection process has been effective.
- People can enter the area immediately after treatment.
What types of facilities should disinfect regularly to prevent illness from spreading?
Anywhere people gather can become a breeding ground for COVID-19 and other transmittable diseases. These types of facilities need regular disinfection treatments.
- Manufacturing facilities.
- Day care facilities.
- Independent and assisted living facilities.
- Nursing care facilities.
- Physician and dentist offices.
- Retail stores.
- Grocery stores.
- Entertainment venues.
UBM is ready to help stop the spread of COVID-19 In your facility.
For more information, please call UBM at 913-322-6200. We’ll be glad to schedule an on-site visit for an estimate.